Sunday 12 September 2010

Final surprise.

Hi again, I forgot to say last night that I have a surprise of my own for husband; I'm not taking my laptop!

That has been a big decision to make but I think I need a rest from computer screens. This doesn't mean that I shall not be writing, of course not. I am taking several note books and hope to fill them all. They may well come back greasy with sun cream and the pages evern scorched with sunshine (sorry to rub it in, if you pardon the terrible pun), but they will be my creation and ready to bring to life as I rewrite and edit.

By the way if you're interested in the books I'm taking to read, they are:

The Cloths of Heaven by Sue Eckstein, and Troubling Love by Elena Ferrante.

Very different books. I have already dipped into them and they are both addictive. I heard about the the first from Radio 4 as it was being dramatised or read, I can't remember which now.

The latter was recommended to me for the structure and point-of-view. The author, Elena Ferrante is Italian, (as you've probably guessed), and she is an important and acclaimed contemporary author in Italy, however, she has shunned public attention and has chosen to keep her identity a mystery. Intriguing.

Must dash, got a plane to catch.

'Speak' soon,

PP

No comments:

Post a Comment