Wednesday 3 November 2010

I've lost my zing ...

I cannot believe that three weeks have gone by since I last blogged. I was having such a good time chatting away to you, but then I dried up. Life got in the way. A bug came and went. Real work clogged my brain. Days on end of bad headaches, and suddenly it is now and I'm without fizz. Not the bubbly variety, maybe that's what I do need, but now I'm blaming the dark mornings and nights with only daylight at the weekends.

So now I flip through my diary to remind me of significant happenings, anything worth sharing, but I find that October was quite empty; just one-liners.

And then I notice the entry on Tuesday, October 12th, 'first of the Chilean miners should be freed tonight ...' I can hear the hope in my words and realise that while I was miserable, not firing on all cylinders, feeling sorry for myself, looking for my fizzing zing, those trapped miners were pacing their underground prison, praying for the rescue to be successful so that they could finally go home.

I am now going to give myself a firm, metaphorical kick up the backside - perhaps that's where my zing is!

See you tomorrow, I've just remembered something ...

No comments:

Post a Comment