Sunday 8 July 2012

I’ve missed you – even though I’m not sure who you are. I used to write as if I was chatting to you only ~ I hope you’ll still humour me, read my ramblings!

I won’t bore you with the details why I haven’t been blogging since last year; suffice to say I now have a new challenge. With my husband, we create, design, write and publish our photo-art cards. I thought I would keep you posted periodically on our progress; a new business is exciting, but very scary! We are also supporting our local children’s hospice in the process.

Sunday morning reflection: Today I wanted to share with you the difference receiving a card, for whatever reason or occasion, can make. In this instance my recent birthday, a day I was only too willing to forget. But family friends did not. The cards started coming two weeks earlier, always the first from Australia. They gradually started to pile up on the mantelpiece. Finally on the day, my husband brought all 19 of them to me in bed, along with the usual cup of tea.

At 6am my eyes would not focus. I went on to automatic pilot, finished getting ready for work. During porridge he came to help me open them! Beautiful words and sentiments tumbled out of each card. A wonderful mix of: funny, moving, romantic - the latter of course from Clive – through them all I could feel true wishes of love; how lucky am I?

Words upon words, strung together making pretty meaningful sentences and phrases, designed to make me smile, laugh, think and in some cases cry.

Obviously I’m going to advocate the sending of cards, but they really do make a difference. Being reminded that others care about you is very comforting.

Until next time,
PPx

PS: The photograph below formed the card Clive made for me. He knows I love this image, taken from the cliffs above Porthcurno on Logan’s Rock. The mass of heather in the foreground points the way, emphasising the sea far below. A dizzying, exhilarating experience. The personalisation makes the card unique.
If in doubt – post a Parkes Card! x

No comments:

Post a Comment